30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Awesome Arbitrary Crap!

One of the perks of blogging is the opportunity to meet other collectors... and one of the first people I got to know was this generous Blackburn Rovers fan from across the Atlantic Ocean.

If you haven't figured out who I'm talking about... it's Martyn who's authored a pair of defunct blogs:  Steal SecondArbitrary Crap.  He's still a member of Sports Jumbalaya, which is a blog involving seven sports fans who love to talk sports.  Unfortunately none of us has posted anything in over two years, so I guess we've pretty much abandoned the blog.  But that's another topic for another day.

Today I wanted to show off a nice care package that Martyn sent me.  It contained a bunch of Oakland A's cards, including hall of famers, rookie cards, and even a refractor:




He also sent me a damaged memorabilia card of Ivan De Jesus Jr:



The inclusion of this card actually made me smile, because he's one of the few people that actually remembers that I have a Damaged Card PC.


And last, but certainly not least... he sent me two more cards for my 2002 Fleer Fall Classic HOF Plaque set:



Two cards down... two more to go.  I just need The Sultan of Swat and Pops to complete the set.

Thanks a bunch Martyn.  Your generosity is much appreciated.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

No comments: