30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, January 7, 2013

My Cardboard Spending Spree

On Saturday, December 29th I went on a cardboard spending spree that lasted eight days and left me with a few cardboard tales I'll be reminiscing about for years.  It's a good thing that I didn't include anything about a budget in my 2013 goals, because there's no way it would have allowed me to make these purchases.

I won't be making any new cardboard purchases in the near future unless it's something I absolutely can't pass up.  Don't worry Ryan... I have money set aside for those Japanese sets/singles.

On the flipside... one of these purchases should keep me entertained for a few months and could possibly finance this year's hobby purchases.

So stay tuned... the next five posts will be recapping my purchases that include some really cool finds.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

7 comments:

arpsmith said...

I am excited to see what you got!

Wes Moore the former JBF said...

Can't wait!!!

Ryan G said...

Bring it on! And I still need to reply properly to that email. Gotta update my want lists first...

Commishbob said...

Oh you single guys have all the fun. ;-)

Fuji said...

Thanks guys... just about to wrap up the first post. I'll post it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

That's officially a cardboard bender! ; ) Sounds fun and I, too, am excited to see what you start posting from this spending spree.

"I won't be making any new cardboard purchases in the near future..." How many times have I assured myself that was the case, and that's just the first eight days of 2013, ha!

"...unless it's something I absolutely can't pass up." Exactly! The qualifier of eternal flexibility for us collectors.

Let's see what you got, Fuji!

...and, by the way, I'm fresh back to collecting after a 20+ year hiatus and digging your blog. I'm focusing right now on my Chargers (and various players) and Padres (and Tony Gwynn) --- being a fan of both teams = The Underdog Card Collector --- and building my first few sets. I'm loving it.

Cheers.

Fuji said...

Lol... well, as a teacher, my budget is pretty tight. So, unless I want to load up my credit card... I'll have to try to stick with my statement. But it's true... if I see something affordable, there's a chance I'll bite.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. Best of luck on your San Diego PC's... I was just down there two weekends ago. Do you ever go to the Santee Swap Meet? I founds some cool items there... which will be in my next post.