30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, January 14, 2013

Flea Market Finds #28: Inserts, Inserts, & More Inserts

When:  Friday, January 4th
Where:  Santa Cruz Flea Market
What:  A Box Filled with Baseball and Football Inserts & a Bo Jackson SLU
How Much?  $14

Every now and then, I go out with my buddy and set up as a vendor.  It gives me a chance to dump some extra cardboard and put a few dollars back into my hobby budget.  Since I was on break and definitely needed to help pay for the San Diego trip, I headed over the hill to Santa Cruz.

If you live in the area, it's worth a trip out there.  There are a few vendors who buy storage units, so you can find some pretty cool deals.

Purchase #1:  1991 Kenner Headline Baseball SLU Bo Jackson $2


Do I really need any new figures?  No.  But I just couldn't pass up this cool piece for the price.


Purchase #2:  400+ Baseball/Football Inserts $12


I have three binders dedicated to inserts from the 90's, so I'm always looking for stuff to put into them.  The vendor who had these had a huge collection and wanted $75 for everything.  

However, I didn't have the space so I asked him if I could put together a 3200 ct. box for $20.  He agreed and the hunt was on.  I started pulling as many inserts, parallels, and vintage cards from the boxes as I could find.

Here are a few of my favorites:


After 30 minutes or so, my legs were tired and I was bored.  One problem.  I didn't have 3200 cards, so I asked if he would take $10 for the cards I found.  He countered with $12, and I accepted.  He was happy.  I was happy.  And my insert binders will be happy.

I'll wrap up my cardboard spending spree on Wednesday.  Without giving too much away, it involves a purchase that will reshape my collection in one way or another.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

7 comments:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

That Bo was one of my favorites from back in the day.

Brad's Blog said...

sweet deal for 12 bucks 400 cards of choose your own

jacobmrley said...

Two dollar Bo! Whoa, that is sweeter than sweet.

jacobmrley said...

Oh, and if there are any cool Saints in that pile, I will gladly take them off your hands.

Fuji said...

Me too. The box is far from mint, so I'm debating on busting it open.

Fuji said...

Yeah... I was stoked about this purchase. Wish I was in better shape, so I could stand there longer and find more cards ;-)

Fuji said...

If there were any Saints... my guess is that it would have been Rickey Williams. Most of his inserts were from the late 90's, early 2000's time period.