30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, June 22, 2020

Spring Cleaning and Feeling Good


Spring cleaning is finally coming to an end.  I'm in the final stages of cleaning out my bathroom, office, and half of the garage.  It's been hard on the back, but refreshing and satisfying to the mind.

If things go as planned... I will have everything sorted and ready to either dump, donate, or sell by the time I lay down tonight.  It's truly a great feeling.

But before I head into the garage, I wanted to quickly show off a pair of packages I recently received as well as promote a contest being held by one of our own.

First up is my very first Keston Hiura memorabilia card that Greg over at The Collective Mind sent me:

2020 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection #CCR-KH

I remember seeing it on his blog back in March when he busted four retail boxes of Heritage.  This pairs up really well with the rookie card collection I've been putting together of Hiura.  Now I just need to pick up a reasonably priced on-card autograph to complete the Sports Card Trifecta.

Thank you Greg for keeping me in mind when you stumble across guys like Kurt Suzuki, Tony Gwynn, and Keston Hiura!  It's much appreciated.

Next up was a thoughtful package of cards from Duff over at Comatoad on Cards.  He broke things down into four categories:


Category #1Cards for Fun


If Daniel Mengden's mustache or Coco Crisp's afro isn't fun, I'm not sure what fun is.


Category #2Olympic Leftovers


Duff had wrote a post about extra Olympic cards he had laying around and I had showed an interest in quite a few.  These are only part of the cards he sent.  A few of these cards will be featured in a future post.  Stay tuned.


Category #3SI for Kids


SI for Kids cards rule.  Where else would you find cards of Stanford's Logan Tom or UCLA's Keira Goeri?


Category #4Awesome Padres Cards



I'm always excited to receive San Diego Padres cards... especially when it involves a Tony Gwynn card I didn't own.  I've been trying to track down all of the Oakland A's and San Diego Padres Diamond Kings cards.  Now I'm one step closer to reaching the goal.

Thanks Duff for this very generous package of cards.  I love how you divided things up for me into little team bags.

I'll wrap things up by promoting a contest being held over at Welcome to Chavez Ravining.  He's giving away a few different prize packages, including a pack of 2020 Topps T206.  It's simple to enter.  All you need to do is comment on his contest post with the card or set that jump started your collection.  There are opportunities for you to earn bonus entries, but you can learn about that by clicking here.

Well that's it for today.  Gotta finish cleaning up.  Happy Monday and sayonara!

13 comments:

bbcardz said...

Gotta love the generosity of Greg and Duff. They sent you some great cards. Good luck with the remainder of your Spring cleaning.

gcrl said...

I thought about collecting huira. Zot!

Elliptical Man said...

Coco's fro, Logan Tom, and Gwynn are all worthy competitors. Voting for the silly WNBA card though.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

I so wish I was playing with those boxes of cards. :)

Jeremya1um said...

That is an impressive picture of boxes of cards. No wonder you are sick of sorting cards.

That Coco Crisp card is a cool one I forgot about. I may still have one.

Nick said...

Ooh, SI for Kids! Always love seeing those pop up around the blogs.

acrackedbat said...

have fun in the garage! thank you for the touch of zen in my mailbox today :) sweet surprise!

Nick Vossbrink said...

Nice Duke oddball and I should add a Logan Tom card to my album.

Comatoad said...

Glad I could brighten your day. It's always fun trying to pick out items that you'll enjoy getting.

Peter K Steinberg said...

Congrats on the Spring Cleaning! Hope your back is alright and that you relish in the accomplishment of getting things in order. Thanks for pimping the contest.

The Lost Collector said...

Speaking of spring cleaning, just got the Tino PWE you sent me. Thanks!

Bulldog said...

That 'fro is always fun! SI for kids are always great. Love the variety.

Fuji said...

bbcardz - generosity among card bloggers is truly amazing. greg and duff are just two of the many people out there spreading kindness and thoughtfulness to others.

gcrl - he'll be fun to track. i picked up a few more cards of his on comc. the collection is slowly growing

elliptical man - the powerpuff girls card stood out to me as well

johnnys trading spot - if you lived in the bay area, i'd let you take your pick

jeremya1um - now if i could just find a way to unload them while putting a few bucks back into my hobby budget ;D

nick - they're becoming quite popular... at least among bloggers.

acrackedbat - no problem. thank you for all of the cards you've sent me over the years

nick vossbrink - yeah... the duke caught my eye in his original post. and i thought you might appreciate the logan tom.

comatoad - i had a lot of fun going through these team bags. lots of cool variety.

peter k. steinberg - my buddy from the east coast just shipped me a large flat rate box, so it looks like i'll be sorting again this weekend

the lost collector - no problem. hope you were able to use a few

bulldog - yeah... great variety from comatoad. heck... the si for kids cards alone contained a ton of variety