30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Consistent Bright Spot

I apologize for the lack of posts, but this past week was pretty rough.  If I have some time later on, I'll fill you in on some of the more entertaining details.  But for now, I want to honor one of greatest Seattle Seahawks in franchise history who passed away at the age of forty-eight this past Tuesday.

1995 Pro Line Autographs #72

The 90's were rough for Seattle Seahawk fans.  The team had two winning seasons and only made the playoffs once during the decade.  But Cortez Kennedy was a consistent bright spot for fans to focus on during that period.


Drafted with the third pick in the 1990 NFL Draft, he his entire eleven season career with the Seahawks.  His strength and quickness always seems to put him in the right place at the right time, which earned him eight trips to Honolulu.


In 1992, he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award.  Twenty years later, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and had his jersey number retired by the franchise he stood by.

Thank you Cortez for all of the wonderful memories May you rest in peace.

1 comment:

Man said...

I had no idea? I am sorry for your loss-I hope he didn't suffer