30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life's A Beach


I have spent the past few weeks cleaning up my classroom, figuring out what I'm going to keep, giving away stuff to teachers and students, throwing away things nobody wanted, and packing fifty-six moving boxes.  I'm not quite finished, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.


This weekend... I decided to reward myself with food and some fresh air.  There's an amazing bakery in Capitola that my friend and I enjoy, so we piled her dog and her sister's dog into her SUV and headed over the hill.  About forty-five minutes later we were stuffing our faces with yummy bacon quiches, delicious bacon 'n egg croissants, and rich hot chocolate with fresh whipped cream.


I wanted to hit up a skateboard shop after breakfast, but it was too early... so we drove a few miles north into Santa Cruz and walked the dogs near the Santa Cruz Surfing Museum.  The weather was beautiful and it was a pleasant reminder of just how lucky I am to live in the Bay Area.


Even Tony had the opportunity to come out, catch some rays, breathe in some fresh air, and check out the beautiful Pacific Ocean.  He hasn't had many photo opportunities lately, but I'll try to remember to take him out next week when I bring the honor students to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Until then... happy Wednesday... go Sharks... and sayonara!

6 comments:

Man said...

Sounds fantastic. I am glad you love Gayles', I assume this is the spot in Capitola. not too far from Cardinals' Cardboard headquarters

The Lost Collector said...

Wow, your decorations worked wonders for that classroom. It's a sad looking place now!

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Now, close your eyes and imagine all of those boxes filled with awesome cardboard............

Mark Hoyle said...

What a great view. Love lighthouses

Matt said...

Good luck on your move!

Fuji said...

brady - you're a very lucky man. it's a good thing i need to make the drive otherwise i'd be there everyday... which would make me broke and excessively overweight

lost collector - my students have been saying the exact same thing for the past month.

john miller - oh man... now that's what i call california dreamin'

mark hoyle - me too. i can't wait to one day make my way out to the east coast. i've heard they have some amazing lighthouses

sport card collectors - thanks. it's coming up on june 2nd