30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Pair of Trades

Back in the mid to late 80's, I was a huge fan of professional wrestling.  But like my love of Michael Jackson and Madonna, my fanfare faded into the 90's.

Then when I started teaching in 1998, I discovered that a lot of my students watched it.  And in an effort to connect with their interests... I started watching it again.  Guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Mankind... along with entertaining story lines held my interest for a few years until I eventually stopped watching altogether.


These days... I'll pick up cards here and there, but to be honest it's not one of my main collections.  However... thanks to Kerwin over CCW... I recently added the 2001 Fleer WWE Championship Clash set to my collection:



Back in January, I wrote about a Stacy Keibler autograph redemption card I pulled out of a wax box I busted.  Kerwin inquired about it and asked about some of the other cards I pulled in the box break.  To make a long story short, he needed one of the inserts, so I sent it to him.

A week or two later he sent me the set above and a bunch of singles:



Thanks Kerwin for the very lopsided trade.  You really didn't have to send me anything... but I'm really glad you did.  You inspired me to hunt down an autograph of Chae.  Have no idea who she is... but she's hot!

Next up is a trade package I received from JayP, who runs the blog:  Cards My Mother Didn't Throw Out.  He also contacted me back in January about making a trade and sent me a PWE packed with some A's and Tony Gwynn cards:


The trade package is highlighted by a Kurt Suzuki card I needed for my binder and a sweet 2013 Topps '72 Mini of Josh Reddick.  Thanks for the trade JayP!   I'm off this week, so I promise to get some Arizona Diamondbacks out to you in the next few days.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

No comments: