30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, December 26, 2014

Too Many Cards!

It's weird.  Most of my friends and family members know that I collect cards... yet I rarely ever receive any for Christmas.  Maybe it's because they're not sure of what to get me.  Oh well... thankfully I have a few blogger buddies who were very thoughtful and generous during this holiday season.


One of them is Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders, who sent me a huge 300ct. box filled with a bunch of stuff I collect:

Oakland A's


San Diego Padres


Green Bay Packers


Seattle Seahawks


Cal Bears

He also included a bunch of cards for my students...

San Francisco Giants


San Francisco 49ers


and Oakland Raiders

He also threw in a couple of Ed Reed and Ray Lewis cards... plus these two awesome memorabilia cards:


Dennis... there were so many cool cards in this package.  Thank you so much!  My students are going to love all of the Giants, Raiders, and 49ers you sent.  However, I've gotta admit something.  I'm totally keeping the Barry Bonds/Albert Bell Finest Split Screen card.  It's way too shiny and would distract them at school (wink, wink).

I've already started putting together a stack of Detroit Tigers and former Michigan Wolverines for you.  I'll ship them out in early January.  Hopefully you'll be able to put them to good use.

Thanks again!  Happy holidays and sayonara!

2 comments:

Tony said...

That's pretty awesome!I love the Gwynn memorabilia card.I too am somewhat bewildered at the fact that everybody knows I am a collector of pretty much all things that are collectible,and the highlight of my X-mas was a great big set of screwdrivers lol!I know It's the thought that counts and my kids scored big time this year so that's cool.Next year the hint dropping will be a bit more direct ;) Merry X-Mas!

Fuji said...

I've been dropping hints for years. At least I received a few Target gift cards, so if I really want to... I can buy a few blaster boxes.