30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Plethora of Packages

Thanksgiving Break has arrived... which means I finally can catch my breath, clean up my office desk, and finally open some packages from some fellow bloggers.

So without further adieu let's kick things off with a pair of PWE's...



A few weeks ago I sent Nick a set of American Bandstand cards... and he returned the favor by sending me a nice stack of Athletics.  Here are a pair of my favorites:  1961 Topps Don Larsen and 1976 Topps Vida Blue.  Thank you Nick!




It was sad to see Kurt leave the Bay Area again... but at the same time it was cool to see him finally make the all-star team as a member of the Minnesota Twins.  Whoever was in charge of photo selection over at Topps did a great job with Kurt's 2014 cards.  Jim... thanks for these awesome Suzuki cards!




Over the past six years I've collected over two hundred Oakland Athletics memorabilia cards and autographs, so it's always exciting to add something I don't already have to the collection.  Matt went four for four and sent me four new cards.  Thanks a lot buddy... the thoughtful note and cards definitely brightened my day.


Courtesy of Mr. Hoyle

Mr. Hoyle is synonymous with vintage, so I was very curious to see what was inside of the padded envelope he sent me.  Normally packages tend to be flat or rectangular in shape, but this had a unique curvature to it.  Like a kid on Christmas morning, I tried to figure out what was inside but was completely surprised by this awesome 1977 Royal Crown Cola can of Athletics legend Vida Blue.  I've wanted to add one of these cans to my collection for a long time and now I can finally call myself a proud owner.  Thanks Mr. Hoyle!




Last... but certainly not least was Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box shipped to me by Woody over at Card Collectors World Forum.  It was filled to the brim with over 1,500 San Diego Padres cards.  I spent over two hours sifting through these cards and reminiscing my childhood and college years.



Some of my favorites were these 80's Donruss Diamond Kings... and of course anything featuring #19.  And if that weren't enough he also sent me this iconic rookie card:



I love seeing Ozzie Smith in brown and gold on cardboard.  Thank you so much Woody!  Like I said in my message... I have no idea how I'll every be able to even things out... but I'll try.

Thanks again guys for these wonderful packages.  You guys gave both my spirits and card collections a huge boost with your generosity.  I'll start putting together some care packages in return.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

9 comments:

Nick said...

You're very welcome! Thanks again for the awesome AB set.

BobWalkthePlank said...

Glad you liked everything. I've had that Giambi patch for a long time. Fits your collection a lot better than mine.

Fuji said...

That patch card was sweet! It's probably the coolest patch card in my collection and as soon as I build my Sports Card Trifecta of Giambi it will definitely be a part of it.

The Lost Collector said...

That RC Cola is great!

Mark Hoyle said...

Fuji. I new you would like the Vida

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

very nice indeed

Commishbob said...

Awesome stuff!

hey Fuji.. how'd you make the RC can spin around like that? '-)

Man said...

Mmmmmmm..... RC Cola.

Fuji said...

I just took a bunch of still photos and used a gif maker from the internet.

makeagif.com