30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cardboard Clutter

I think working with kids over the past two decades has taught me to be patient.  When I was a kid, if someone gave me a present I'd tear into them immediately.

But thirty years can change a person.  These days I model a little more self-control.  I'm currently sitting on three care packages sent from:  Nick @ Dime Boxes, Matthew @ Bob Walk the Plank, and Woody @ CCW.


Unfortunately... I've made myself a deal to keep them sealed until I finish cleaning up the cardboard clutter that currently resides on my desk.  Most of the mess consists of cards from my recent flea market purchase.  But there are a few eBay purchases thrown into the mix as well:


Nick, Matt, and Woody... I just wanted to let you know that your packages have arrived safely and I'm eager to see what you've sent.  As soon as I bust them open, I promise to write up a "thank you" post.

I've got parent/teacher conferences this week, but I should have plenty of time to sort through cards over my Thanksgiving Break.

Thanks in advance for the packages and have a happy Sunday.

4 comments:

Jason said...

That is a nice San Bernardino Spirit card of Ken Griffey Jr. I used to have one in my collection as a kid and saw him play once in I believe 1988 at Fiscalini Field in San Bernardino.

BobWalkthePlank said...

No worries man. I'm in full throttle organization mode too.

Fuji said...

It's actually the Broder (fake) version... but it is cool nonetheless. One of these days I'd love to get my hands on an original.

Fuji said...

Thanks Matt! Should pop the packages open next weekend.