30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, June 18, 2010

My 2004 Star Wars Heritage Sketch Card Collection

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before... but I'm a nerd and I'm proud of it (at least for now). If you ask any of my family members, friends, students, girlfriends, co-workers, and any other important people in my life... they'll tell you... I love playing golf... collecting sports cards... eating food... and watching anything related to Star Wars.

Star Wars has been a part of my life since I was 5 years old. As a child, I collected the trading cards and action figures and went to see Episodes IV, V, & VI in theaters. I even had the sheets on my bed until probably the 5th or 6th grade.

When A New Hope was re-released in theaters in the late 90's, I was one of the freaks who waited in line for 8 hours to watch it on opening day.

I have no idea what ever happened to my original cards, but when I started collecting cards again (probably around 2008), I bought a box of 2004 Star Wars Heritage. The cards were cool and have a design that's similar to the original product. But, what really caught my eyes was this sketch card:



I immediately went back online and bought 6 more boxes and pulled these:




I can't remember why I didn't buy more, but I'm glad I was able to pick up a handful of these sketch cards. I love the fact that each of them is a small, unique masterpiece that was once held by the artist him/herself.

If I ever have to sell my collection for any reason, I guarantee that these sketches will be one of the last things to leave my possession.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet. I've been in the market to start a Chewbacca sketch card collection.

Very nice. You're a lucky man.

Fuji said...

Thanks G_Moses... I wish it was a full body shot, but beggars can't be choosers.