30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, February 25, 2019

Good Customer Service


During my last trip up to Oregon, I purchased a pouch of Long Ball Licorice and was so impressed that I went out and purchased three more pouches on their website.

I waited a few weeks and the licorice hadn't arrived, so I contacted them through their websiteA week later, I still hadn't received my licorice, nor had I heard back from anyone.  I decided to reach out to the company through their Facebook page and immediately got a response.

At first they had me confused with another customer, but after about two weeks of going back and forth, they finally informed me that they were sending me my package.

After about six weeks, I finally received a package of three 3.5 oz. pouches of their raspberry flavored licorice.

In addition to the delicious licorice, they included this autographed Babe Ruth card:

1992 Megacards Ruth #14

Babe Ruth passed away forty-plus years before this card was even produced, so this obviously isn't signed by the Sultan of Swat.  But it is signed by his granddaughter, which is a unique and a pretty cool addition to my baseball autograph collection.

According to the customer service department at Longball Licorice, it has at least a $20 value.  But realistically, you can't put a price on good customer service and that's what this autograph represents.

Will I continue to buy licorice from this company?  Heck yeah.  I'm especially excited to try out their green apple licorice as soon as its available.

By the way, I figured today would be a great time for me to show off one of my favorite Babe Ruth cards in the collection:

1976 Topps #345

The 1976 Topps All-Time All-Stars subset is an affordable way for collectors to own great looking vintage cards of some of the greatest names in baseball history.  I picked this card up a year ago over at 4 Sharp Corners for $15.83, which is cheaper than what I paid for those three pouches of raspberry flavored licorice.

Well that's it for today.  My winter break is over and I'm heading back into the classroom this morning.  Have a great week everyone!

Happy Monday and sayonara!

16 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

I've really been wanting to try this. Green Apple sounds awesome.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

congrats on the unique card.

Tony Burbs said...

Love Long Ball Licorice - my wife and I actually fought over the last pouch I had! That's a pretty nifty bonus too; they truly know how to run a business.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Too bad the packages don't have some cards inside of them. Green Apple....yum! Glad they have some great customer service!

Jafronius said...

Six weeks seems to be a real long time to resolve the issue, but I'm glad you got it resolved. I'm not a licorice guy, so that means more for you! Also, winter break ending in late February?

Baltmoss68 said...

Very cool auto😎

Adam said...

Never tried Long Ball Licorice but I might have to now based on this post. The fact it comes in a pouch like Big League Chew is even better.

Section 36 said...

That's a fantastic auto to have!

kirk said...

that's a neat autogaph

acrackedbat said...

i'm happy this worked out for you! I purchased several pouches from Cracker Barrel during a road trip in July. I took pictures of the receipt with my purchase then emailed it to Long Ball. All I asked for were a couple of business cards and stickers. I knew nothing of the Ruth auto at the time. They replied only to say "sorry but no. However if you purchase a case directly from us next time, we'll send you a Ruth auto card." I felt like I'd asked for so little. I hate licorice! I gave the contents to a friend and saved the pouch for myself. Relationship over.

Nick said...

Nothing beats good customer service. I've never been much of a licorice guy, but I wouldn't mind trying some of this stuff myself.

Commishbob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Commishbob said...

Green apple licorice? You know that meme of the little blonde girl with the overbite that is giving you the side-eye? Well stick that right here, will ya? Better yet, I'll do it.

P-town Tom said...

I can also vouch for the raspberry. I went through a case of it last baseball coaching season. The pouch is a great idea, especially for those of us still wearing baseball pants!
I didn't know they had a green apple flavor. I may have to give that a go.

Big Tone said...

Congrats on the auto!.If you screw me once and make up for It,I'll be a returning customer.Play me again after that and I'm out.

Fuji said...

the lost collector - if you enjoy licorice, i'd highly recommend it. i've only had the raspberry, but it's got a great taste. it's not rubbery like other licorice i've tried.

p-town tom - not 100% sure the green apple flavor is on the market yet. i just saw that they mentioned it on their fb page

john miller - thanks. it's a very unique addition to my collection

tony burbs - i wasn't expecting the ruth, but after waiting such a long time, i was kinda hoping they'd throw in a free pouch or something.

sumomenkoman - dude. that's an amazing idea. they should totally include a baseball card inside each pouch.

jafronius - yeah. our winter break is always the week of president's day and spring break usually starts on good friday.

baltmoss68 - can't argue with that

adam sanders -yeah... it's unique. it comes in one clump (plug). i think the idea is to bite off a piece, slide it to the side of your mouth, and let it slowly melt.

section 36 - it was a very pleasant surprise.

kirk - agree 100%

julie owens - you'd think that sending you a few business cards and stickers would help them market their product. oh well... their loss.

nick - good customer service is the key to a successful business in my mind.

commishbob - lol. awesome. thanks, i needed a good laugh. but in all seriousness... i can't wait to try it out

big tone - i agree. i was a little annoyed that it took so long to resolve the issue. but after he mentioned the ruth, i chilled out. however if there's any issues in the future, i'll probably avoid purchasing stuff from them after that.