30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fact vs. Fiction: GSNHOF Card Edition

Fact:  Tim over at The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame sent me a nice package of cards that contain some very low serial numbers, several autographs, and a beautiful patch for my Padres collection.


Fiction:  I hate patch cards.

Fact:  Tony Gwynn and Dave Winfield are the only guys who have played more games in right field for the San Diego Padres in franchise history.

Fact:  Brian Giles is in the top ten of almost every offensive statistical category for my beloved Padres.


Fiction:  Casey Kelly is the next Jake Peavy.

Fact:  Kelly was once a top ranked prospect, but he's been working his way back from Tommy John surgery for over a year now.


Fiction:  Arena football is dead.

Fact:  The San Jose Sabercats are 4-0 and the cow bells are ringing.

Fact:  There aren't a lot of them floating around, but I have a small collection of Sabercats memorabilia cards and autographs.



Fiction:  I stopped collecting Devin Setoguchi when he was traded to Minnesota in 2011.

Fact:  Although I don't go out of my way to purchase Seto... I still enjoy adding cards of him to my collection every now and then.


Fiction:  I'm a huge NBA fan.

Fact:  I don't really watch basketball anymore, but I definitely happy for the Golden State Warriors and their fans.

Fact:  I totally appreciate this awesome care package from Tim.

Fact:  I'll be scraping some singles for your cool, interesting, and unique PC's.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

6 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Awesome post, and welcome! Figured I hadn't sent you cards in a while so I scraped a little something together and I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Fuji said...

Thanks for the very cool package. I'm especially impressed with that Hundon memorabilia card... and of course that AMAZING patch card. It might a month or so (mid to late June)... but I promise to return the courtesy! Thanks again Spastik!

Tony L. said...

Donruss's 10/11 hockey cards look so much better than their efforts at baseball. That's a nice looking card there of Setoguchi.

Zippy Zappy said...

Man that patch is nice. It's so nice that you forget that it's probably fake.

BobWalkthePlank said...

I need to look and see if their are any WVU guys in the AFL sets. What a great, well rounded trade package.

Fuji said...

tony - Yeah... I like it too. Simple. White borders. Position. Team logo. Player's name. This card has it all. To top it off... it's a low serial numbered die-cut parallel.

zippy - Man. It's a sad day when people start faking Brian Giles patches.

matthew - I'm sure you'll find a few. But beware... they're not super cheap.