30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Gigantic Gwynn Generosity

At the end of April, T.J. over at The Cardboard Connection Forum contacted me about this 2013 Topps Silver Slugger Award Winners Trophy card:


I'm always looking to add a new Tony Gwynn card to the collection, so I took the bait and asked him what he wanted in return.  He told me to think of it as a "congratulations on my 1,000th post" present.

If you've never seen these Silver Slugger cards, they're super thick, heavy, and are definitely unique.   In addition to the Gwynn, he also sent me this Bazooka insert for my Ichiro PC


T.J. recently started his own blog:  The Parade of Chromes.  You'd be doing me a huge favor if you checked out his blog.  But be prepared... he's a New York Yankees fan.

The same day T.J's package arrived, I received another package from a different Cardboard Connection Forum member: ucffans.  Brett is no stranger to this blog.  He's sent several packages in the past and a few weeks ago he asked me if I was a fan of Dan Fouts.

I grew up in the 80's watching a lot of Oakland Raiders games, so of course I love Dan Fouts.  A few days ago this showed up in my mailbox:


Thank you T.J. and Brett!  I'm sorry it took a few extra days to open up these packages.  But I wanted to let you know that both of your gifts cheered me up after a rough couple of days.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

11 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Hey, a Charger!

Mark Hoyle said...

Cool Gwynn. Love the Fouts auto. Who else is in the Silver slugger set

Tony L. said...

I know they are "manu-relics" but I really do like those Silver Slugger cards.

Fuji said...

It's a 25 card set that features people like Mattingly, Murray, Griffey, Fisk, Schmidt, Boggs, Ortiz, and Yount.

Fuji said...

This might be my first and only Charger post.

Fuji said...

Lol... When it comes to PC items, I'll collect anything... even "manu-relics".

Crazy4Chrome said...

Thanks for the blog plug. I am glad you liked the Gwynn. There is more generosity where that came from. I am compiling cardboard as we speak.

Yankeejetsfan said...

Lol, you say He's a Yankees fan like that's a bad thing :P

Great cards. I followed TJ and I look forward to reading his blog.

Tony L. said...

Oh, I'm with you on that Fuji -- I mean, I do own that Yount silver slugger!

Fuji said...

ThanksT.J! I'll try to send out your package tomorrow... but it might end up going out on Monday. Can't wait to start reading your blog posts!

Fuji said...

Lol... I was waiting for you or The Lost Collector to comment on this ;-)