30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Help Me Fellow Bloggers... You're My Only Hope!

Last Saturday, I purchased a 5000ct. box of cards at the Ohlone College Flea Market for $20.  It was full of low end inserts and parallels, along with a ton of base cards.  But one product caught my attention, so I reached into my wallet and paid the man.

Later in the day, I spent that afternoon sifting through the box, enjoying my purchase, and attempting to build the 2004 UD Legends Timeless Teams set.



The previous owner must have busted a box, because he left two autographs and an expired redemption card for a Luis Tiant autograph.  But that's only the beginning.

Within the box I found 244 out of the 300 cards in the set... which leaves me with 56 cards short of the base set.


That's where you guys come in.  Is anyone else building this set?  If so, I have over 100 doubles available for trade.  Maybe we can help each other out.

Well... that's it for now.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

14 comments:

Commishbob said...

Love those cards. I only have the Orioles (most of them anyway) and a few others. I'll check to see if I have anything on your list.

Baseball Nut said...

I didn't collect these. If you don't get a reps once I would try Sportlots.com Almost all of the cards on your list are available for 18 cents a piece before shipping.

Eric Bracke said...

I have been reorganizing my collection into sets and I just did this set. I have a ton of dupes. I will go through them at some point and let you know what I have.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I can't help with the Timeless Team needs... But I was greatly amused at the thought of a tiny Fuji hologram coming out of R2-D2.

gcrl said...

i did find a few cards for you from my doubles - 47, 60, 68, 97, 151, 194, 199, 243, 265, 277, 294, 298. i will send them along this week.

sg488 said...

I love this set,I first bought a few teams but loved them so much I ended up buying the whole set.I will check my doubles for you.

Play at the Plate said...

Wish I could help. My LCS buddy had a bunch of these but I missed out on them.

Fuji said...

Thanks! I'd appreciate any help I could get and would definitely compensate you with some Orioles for your collection.

Fuji said...

Yeah... I've used them before. I'm trying to find some affordable "lots" on eBay. Picked up one a few weeks ago for a reasonable price and it was a lot cheaper than 18¢/card. I might use Sportlots when I'm down to five or six cards.

Fuji said...

Thanks Eric! I truly appreciate the help. Hopefully we can work out a trade.

Fuji said...

Lol... glad someone got the Star Wars reference.

Fuji said...

Thanks Jim! I have the purple Greinke refractor set aside for you. I'll try to dig up a few more Dodgers to send your way as compensation.

Fuji said...

Thanks! Hopefully we can work out a trade that benefits both of our collections.

Fuji said...

No problemo :-)