30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Infield Single Cards Hits A Home Run

My words won't do Jeremy's care package justice, so I'll let the scan do the talking.  Here is just a small sampling of baseball cards he sent me earlier in the week:


Oakland Athletics



San Diego Padres



Greg Maddux



Japanese Baseball Players

And easily the best card in the lot... an autographed copy of Jeremy's custom card:


For those of you who aren't familiar with Mr. DeJong... he's the author of one of the newest baseball card blogs... Infield Single Cards.  He collects Detroit Tigers, Tampa Bay Rays, and a smorgasbord of players.  I encourage you to head over to his blog right now.

Thanks Jeremy for this amazing package of cards.  I was able to add over 30 new cards to my Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, and Japanese Athletes binders.  Happy Sunday and sayonara!

11 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

Thanks for introducing me to another great blog!

hiflew said...

We've had a nice run of some new bloggers coming into our little world recently. I absolutely love the 86 Topps look alike Tony Gwynn card. I am assuming that is a magazine card cut out due to the Topps magazine logo? Is there a year or any other set info that you can give me?

BASEBALL DAD said...

Me too ! It's hard to keep up.

Jeremya1um said...

I found it at my LCS. I think it was a 1991 or 1992 card from the Topps magazine

Nick said...

I recently received a mega-package from Jeremy as well that blew me away. Glad to see he's helping out so many people around the blogosphere!

Fuji said...

No problem. Jeremy is one of the good guys.

Fuji said...

It's from the Fall 1991 issue (#8 w/ Cal Ripken Jr. on the cover). I picked up the uncut sheet at the flea market two years ago. If you want to see the whole sheet, here's the post:

http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2012/01/flea-market-finds-15-huge-pc-addition.html

However... I'm excited to be able to add the single to my binder (I couldn't get myself to cut the sheet).

Fuji said...

I totally agree. If I don't read on a daily basis, I end up missing a lot of posts.

Fuji said...

Thanks again Jeremy. I really wanted that single for the binder.

Fuji said...

It's insane how generous this blogging community is. Insane!

Swing And A Pop-up said...

I've always like that '94 Pinnacle Rickey Henderson...and thanks for introducing me to another blog!