30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

A Pair of Shiny Flags

Hope all of you are enjoying America's 247th birthday with loved ones... and eating some delicious barbecue or whatever else you like to eat.

In the spirit of the holiday... here is a Mark Ellis shiny refractor featuring the United States flag in the background:

2005 Topps Chrome Refractor #451

This card is absolutely gorgeous.  Unfortunately I can't remember who sent it my way.  It was definitely part of a care package sent to me about a year ago.  Normally I label scans with the name of the sender, but this time I didn't.

There's at least an outside chance, that Reader X sent it to me.  He's the one who sent me this card:

2003 Topps Chrome Refractor #237

I hope whoever sent it to me let's me know in the comment section below, so I can thank them properly and update this post.

Regardless... I'm very excited to have both of these two beautiful cards in my collection.

Have a safe extended holiday weekend.  Happy 4th of July and sayonara!

8 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Very cool cards with the flag in the background. Nice finds. Enjoy your 4th!

John Sharp said...

Happy 4th, have a great day!

The Snorting Bull said...

Nice cards! Happy 4th of July, Fuji!

Xavier Higgins said...

There's a High probability that I sent both, having at one time a sizable collection of "Marvelous" Mark Ellis having long since move on from it with the knowledge that you're an Avid A's Collector/Enthusiast.
Love the Monopoly Prizm, though I'm Only Interested in the Parallels and Inserts.

Jon said...

Happy belated Independence Day!

Jafronius said...

Hope you had a great 4th! Mark Ellis sure loves the flag!

Fuji said...

sorry it's taken me almost 2 weeks to respond. my 4th was awesome. saw my pops in the morning... then went to my friend's house where she bbq'd burgers and hot dogs. we were stuffed.

xavier higgins - i only pulled one parallel from the box my student gave me and it went into the pc. i think i have some dupes of one or two of the inserts though that came in the lot my buddy sold me

Xavier Higgins said...

Those Parallels are tough pulls and being pulled from a box given to you by one of your students is something to be cherished.
Thanks in advance for any and all Monopoly Inserts and really anything of interest that you may be able to bless me with if you're so inclined?
Another parcel will be en route before the end of the month, looking forward to putting together the next one already!