30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Productive Saturday Morning

Today is the third Saturday of the month, which means that people are setting up at the Branham High School Flea Market.  A quick peek at my schedule reveals that this was probably my last chance to hit up a flea market in 2018.

Unfortunately life had other plans and I wasn't able to go.  But that's okay, because this morning I woke up at the crack of dawn and started building care packages for fellow bloggers.  After a few hours of organizing my recent COMC haul and digging through various boxes in my office, I was able to cross off everyone on my Hit List except for Brady over at St. Louis Cardinals' Cardboard.  Here's a peek at the packages before I headed to the post office:


Here's a list of bloggers I shipped packages to:  ChrisThe Collector, Ryan @ Japanese Sumo Wrestling Cards and MenkoJohn @ Johnny's Trading Spot, Tom @ Waiting 'til Next Year, Greg @ Night Owl Cards, Woody @ CCW, Gavin @ Baseball Card Breakdown, Bru @ Remember the Astrodome, Jim @ Cards As I See Them, Julie @ A Cracked Bat, SCC @ Sport Card Collectors, Steve @ 1975 Baseball Cards, plus one more for the blogger I drew for this year's Secret Santa exchange.

Brady... I have a package for you, but I'll hand deliver it to you in January at the Serramonte Mall Show.

The rest of you... hopefully all of these packages arrive in time for Christmas.  In the meantime, check out these three custom cards created by Jeremy over at Topps Cards That Never Were:




As you might expect, these are all cards that Topps could have created, but chose not to.  But that's okay, because Jeremy took care of it.

Hey Jeremy... one of the fourteen packages in the picture above belongs to you as well.  Happy holidays and thank you for these awesome customs!

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

8 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Topps Cards That Never Were always makes some nice looking cards.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Why thank you in advance kind sir!

SumoMenkoMan said...

Wow! Much appreciated and looking forward to it!

Bulldog said...

Sounds like a great Saturday and those customs are sweet.

Chris said...

Nice customs by Jeremy. Very generous of you to send out so many care packages, and thanks for putting me on the list!

acrackedbat said...

Aw, thanks for including me Fuji! Very thoughtful! Merry Christmas!

Fuji said...

p-town tom - he sure does!

john miller - of course my friend

sumomenkoman - hope you enjoy it buddy

bulldog - it felt like finishing a research paper back in college. a weight has been lifted. ;)

chris - it's the generosity among all of the bloggers in our community that inspires me.

julie owens - merry christmas to you too! enjoy.

Anonymous said...

On the following day, Puma is set to release its "Fake Balenciaga Shoes" Clyde Court Disrupt alongside the return of the "Best Fake Yeezys" Zoom LeBron 3. Before the weekend is over, the Air Force 1 Low has two more collaborations in store—one celebrating Dover Street Market's 5th anniversary and another with A Cold Wall. The bulk of releases will be dropping on Saturday including plenty of retro models from Jordan Brand like the "Diffused Blue" Air Jordan 6, "Tinker" Air Jordan 8