30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm on a mission...

I still haven't busted a pack of 2013 Topps baseball.  Heck, I haven't opened any 2013 products.  But that doesn't mean I haven't picked my favorite set of the year.  In fact, it might be my favorite set of the decade.

I've totally fallen for the 2013 Topps Manufactured Rookie Card Patch cards.  Ever since I laid eyes on the Rickey Henderson, I've been on a mission to build this set:



I started grabbing "lots" on eBay.  So far, I have 16 out of the 25 cards.  But I'm still looking for these:

RCP4 Sandy Koufax
RCP10 Eddie Murray
RCP11 Ozzie Smith
RCP13 Jim Palmer
RCP19 Ken Griffey Jr.
RCP20 Chipper Jones
RCP22 Albert Pujols
RCP23 Mike Trout
RCP24 Bryce Harper

If you have any of these, I have a few doubles to use as trade bait:

RCP1 Willie Mays
RCP5 Bob Gibson
RCP6 Willie McCovey
RCP9 George Brett
RCP15 Wade Boggs
RCP18 Dwight Gooden

Plus I have a bunch of 2013 Topps Commemorative Patches available to help my cause:

CP4 Felix Hernandez (x3)
CP6 Jose Bautista
CP7 Trevor Bauer (x2)
CP10 Adrian Gonzalez
CP11 Giancarlo Stanton
CP12 David Wright
CP16 Billy Butler (x3)
CP20 Chipper Jones
CP21 Anthony Rizzo
CP22 Chris Sale (x2)
CP25 Joey Vatto

So if you have any 2013 for trade, please let me know.  I'm hoping Topps decides to make this a "living set" and continue to add new cards each year.  In the meantime, I'm just dying to finish building this set.

Happy Tuesday and sayonara!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Not opened any myself yet, havent handled one either.

Brad's Blog said...

I have the Griffey Jr. Would you be willing to trade this card for it?

99 Upper Deck Encore "UD Authentics" #PB Pat Burrell

Let me know brauer144 at gmail dot com or check out my blog if you want to make the trade bigger or include more things i'm cool with that.

The Lost Collector said...

Such a great set! Keep it up.

Spankee said...

That's a great set. Definitely scan them all when you complete it.

Fuji said...

Hey Brad... just sent you an email.

Fuji said...

Thanks guys. Spankee... I will definitely post pictures as soon as it's completed.

Greg Zakwin said...

good luck Fuji!