30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, September 4, 2026

The Struggle is Real

Anyone else struggling to comment on blog posts?



I've tried to comment on several blogs this morning and every time I get the "Publishing..." box without the comment actually being published.  I was able to leave a comment on a Word Press blog, but not on any Blogger blogs... including my own:


I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch on Blogger's end... or a simple fix on mine, because commenting on your posts and responding to comments on my blog are a very important part of my hobby.  If anyone has any insight, please let me know down in the comment section below (assuming you are able to).

2026-27 School ID Card

Switching gears, I apologize for the lack of posts.  I was hoping to hammer out some Flea Market Finds, but the start of the school year is typically hectic.  Plus I've been more tired than usual, so when I get home I've been recharging my batteries watching tv rather than playing with my baseball cards.

I even missed out on publishing my annual birthday post.  Here are the trio of cards I've added to my Birthday PC since last year:

2017 Topps Now #547

Back on September 1st, 2017... Clayton Kershaw returned from the DL to help the Dodgers snap a five game losing streak.


Unfortunately the victory came at the expense of my favorite National League team.

2019 Topps Now #778

On September 1st, 2019... Justin Verlander pitched the third no-hitter of his career.


After walking Cavan Biggio in the bottom of the first inning, he shut down the final twenty-six batters he faced in the game (14 by strikeout).

2022 Topps Now #825

On September 1st, 2022... Spencer Strider struck out 16 against the Colorado Rockies to set an Atlanta Braves single game franchise record.


Warren Spahn holds the all-time franchise record with 18 strikeouts in a single game back in 1952.  At the time the Braves were in Boston and the Cubs were their opponents.

Speaking of birthdays, here's a cool present I received on Wednesday from one of my students:

1996 Collector's Edge President's Reserve #375

Stubblefield is one of his defensive coaches, so he got me a signed card for my birthday.

Well that's it for today.  I'm really hoping that the "comment" issue will be fixed soon.  Although reading blog posts are a huge part of my interaction with fellow collectors... exchanging comments is equally important.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday. Have you ever searched for Topps gold parallels numbered 0901/20xx?

    ReplyDelete